Fenugreek or Trigonella foenum-graecum (methi in Hindi) is a powerful natural weight loss ingredient that has a myriad of health benefits like supporting digestion and maintaining the blood sugar levels.
Galactomannan, a water-soluble heteropolysaccharide found in fenugreek seeds, helps to reduce weight. It curbs your appetite by making you feel full.
If you have tried complicated treatments and expensive medicines to lose weight and have failed, here are a number of healthy ways in which you can use fenugreek seeds for weight loss. Let’s check out what they are.
How To Use Fenugreek For Weight Loss
Fenugreek is a popular weight reducing agent that offers various other benefits like controlling blood pressure and diabetes and increasing the metabolic rate of the body.
Given below are a few recipes that can help you lose weight in the best possible way.
1. Warm Fenugreek Seeds
This amazing recipe leads to weight reduction without you requiring to consume any other medicine.
- Heat/Roast fenugreek seeds in a pan.
- Crush the warm seeds in a mortar/grinder to make a fine powder.
- Ingest the powder with warm water on an empty stomach each morning.
- You can also use the powder in curries.
Fenugreek water will induce a feeling of fullness in the stomach for an entire day. This will decrease the feeling of hunger. The result would be visible weight loss in a few days.
- Soak about a cup of fenugreek seeds in water and leave them soaked overnight.
- Filter the seeds from the water in the morning.
- Chew the wet seeds on an empty stomach.
3. Sprouted Fenugreek Seeds
- Take a clean and thin piece of cloth.
- Soak it in water.
- Place fenugreek seeds in the moist cloth and press them with a stone/heavy utensil.
- Leave it for three nights.
- Remove the stone/heavy utensil.
- Let the sprouts grow to a decent length before you consume them.