Are you suffering from a sore throat? Do you want a quick, natural remedy to get rid of your sore throat? This post talks about apple cider vinegar and how it can be used to cure a sore throat. Do you want to know more? Keep reading.
Among the many things that are used in treating a sore throat, apple cider vinegar deserves a special mention. It is commonly found in most households and is readily available.
These are the properties of apple cider vinegar that make it suitable for curing sore throats:
- Apple cider vinegar is rich in anti-bacterial properties that help in combating the germs causing a sore throat (1).
- Since apple cider vinegar has high levels of acidity (2), it helps in decreasing the pH level of the tissues and helps in getting rid of the bacteria causing a sore throat.
- Apple cider vinegar is a rich source of prebiotic insulin, which helps in boosting the immunity (3) by increasing the numbers of T-cells and white blood cells.
- Apple cider vinegar is a natural expectorant that helps in loosening the phlegm and kills the bacteria to facilitate instant relief from a sore throat (4).
Ways Of Using Apple Cider Vinegar For Curing A Sore Throat:
Apple cider vinegar is an extremely versatile solution that can be used in many ways for the treatment of a sore throat. Here are some of the most widely used methods:
- Diluted Apple Cider Vinegar– Mix 2 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar with about 8oz of water. The water can be normal or little warm. Add some raw honey to the solution for further soothing effects. Stir all the ingredients together and drink this mixture 2-3 times a day
- Apple Cider Vinegar, Lemon Tea And Honey: To a teaspoon of apple cider vinegar, add a teaspoon of honey, juice of ¼ lemon and a small pinch of cayenne pepper. Mix all these things well and pour into a cup of hot water. The mixture is to be sipped slowly so that the liquid passes through the sore throat slowly, soothing it in the process. For best results in a short time, it is recommended to drink this mixture 4 times daily. Many people avoid cayenne pepper. In that case, use a teaspoon of honey and lemon juice in the mixture. Mix the same in a cup of hot water and take sips to relieve the sore throat. Drink the mixture 2-3 times daily for quick relief.
- Apple Cider Vinegar With Salt: Add a little bit of salt to 2 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar. Take ½ cup of warm water and mix the solution into the water. This solution should be used for gargling minimum 3-4 times a day. Some people also like adding ¼ teaspoon of cayenne pepper to the mixture and gargle with the same. It is also suggested to swallow some of the mixture in between the gargles.
- Apple Cider Vinegar And Honey: If you have a severe cough and cold along with a sore throat, this apple cider vinegar solution will surely help relieve the pain and discomfort in your throat and chest (5). Take ¼ cup of apple cider vinegar and the same quantity of honey and mix the two together. Do not add water to this solution. Take 1 tablespoon of this mixture at an interval of 3-4 hours for relieving throat pain. In case you cannot take the concentrated form of the solution, create a tonic by mixing the mixture in a small cup of warm water and drink it immediately for instant relief.